Food and nutrition tips during self-quarantine
As countries are taking stronger measures to contain the spread of COVID-19, self-quarantine and the temporary closing of organizations affect normal food-related practices. Healthy individuals, as well as those showing acute respiratory disease symptoms, are being requested to stay at home. In some countries, restaurants and take-away offers are being limited and some fresh items are becoming less available.
Good nutrition is crucial for health, particularly in times when the immune system might need to fight back. Limited access to fresh foods may compromise opportunities to continue eating a healthy and varied diet. It can also potentially lead to an increased consumption of highly processed foods, which tend to be high in fats, sugars and salt. Nonetheless, even with few and limited ingredients, one can continue eating a diet that supports good health..
Lina’s and Dina’s Center always has the solution, as we provide all meals according to the healthy tips that are suitable for everyone
For the sake of optimal health, there are some guidelines that contribute to staying on a healthy diet during quarantine:
• Make a plan – take only what you need
• Be strategic about the use of ingredients – prioritize fresh products
• Prepare home-cooked meals
• Focus on vitamin consumption , eat meals that provide this kind of vitamins like cheese , fish and yolk
• Take advantage of food delivery options
• Be aware of portion sizes
• Follow safe food handling practices
– keep your hands, kitchen and utensils clean
– separate raw and cooked food, especially raw meat and fresh produce
– cook your food thoroughly
– keep your food at safe temperatures, either below 5 °C or above 60 °C; and
– Use safe water and raw material
• Limit your salt intake
• Limit your sugar intake
• Limit your fat intake
• Consume enough fiber
• Stay hydrated , drink water as much as possible.
• Be physically active, exercising in home in simple tools.
• Engage your children in exercising and encourage them
Always remember that Lina’s and Dina’s is your best choice in terms of food safety and quality during home quarantine.
For More Information, visit our website: